Friday, May 24, 2019

Why the Patrick Lew Band originally broke up in 2012.

The original plan for Patrick Lew Band in 2012 was to grab a permit and become a regional touring band that performed at very small venues in Antioch/East Bay region and I had little creative control over the band, as I foolishly stepped down and gave my former friend Greg the leadership role because I didn't want to be too selfish or absorbed and he was my good friend at the time. 
Also Alan Kao from the then red hot SF band Seeking Empire put me on blast and gaslighted me while hanging out one afternoon with my then wife and that was one of the early signs of me losing my passion for playing music at first. Because I thought he was a homie but he did something I didn't expect and it was super uncool of him to do that. To have someone of that status in the scene to do you dirty like that was pretty uncool ya know?
Anyways.
The plan was to involve me, Greg and David Hunter into the PLB lineup which was the original plan and idea for the long run. David Arceo, my close friend at the time, I wanted him to be a part of it but for undisclosed and disputed reasons. It was just whittled down the core trio of me, Greg and Little David.
Throughout 2012, PLB was sporadically rehearsing at Greg's house in Pittsburg, CA. But nothing was materializing from the sessions and plans. 
The year before, I sent Greg some tapes I've been working on for a possible follow up album and to properly feature Greg and maybe Little David into the creative process but the ideas were rejected because of "religious" and "creative" reasons. 
So me and David Arceo formed Steel Lions as an experiment outside of PLB whenever there was too much downtime. And I took the ideas I played for Greg on my hard drive and laptop to Steel Lions instead. Concluding with a few self released works of music on the Internet under the Steel Lions name: Taiwanese Rebels (2012) and Voyager (2013).
In July 2012 while attending the same church that Greg and David were attending in Brentwood, me and Greg had a major spat over him criticizing my skills as a musician and down talked my passion for playing music. It became apparent that PLB wasn't going to be what it was intended to be under Greg's leadership. No original music ever was recorded at 3700 Pieta Ct. When we did came down to rehearsing, all we were really doing was cover songs of fucking Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez with me on bass and Greg singing and playing it by ear on guitar! Greg also made an extremely insensitive statement about my beloved deceased paternal grandfather, "he is in hell because he wasn't a follower of Jesus!" while doing Bible Study. 
To avoid causing public scrutiny and to cover up the drama behind the music behind closed doors, me and Greg discussed the long term plans for Patrick Lew Band under Greg Lynch's leadership. Turns out there weren't any at all! No one wanted to pursue a serious music career outside of church, except me who had bigger ambitions in mind. The Patrick Lew Band first broke up or went on an indefinite hiatus (depending on who you ask) on September 5, 2012. 
The Patrick Lew Band wasn't even active in 2013 or 2014 at all. I'm sure it was a thought on some people's minds. So in the interim, I was sporadically playing with Steel Lions and dealing with a rock bottom: my ex wife Faith. But I also came super close to retiring from music. All because of PLB's first breakup, Faith and my disillusionment with the music business, the haters and the then current state of my music career. I lost my passion for rock and roll. Focusing on getting a real day job for the first time in my life, walking away what made me the Pariah and potential and focusing on my other passion: Smart TV and home theater. 
It wasn't until closer to the end of 2014 when I told Greg to go fuck off on the phone and I went online hours later to file a patent to claim my title and ownership to Patrick Lew Band and finally return after a 2 1/2 year break to clear my mind, cut ties with all my toxic circle and clear all my personal demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment