Saturday, May 11, 2019

Patrick Lew Band: A 2010s Indie Band In Rock & Roll

I only did EDM and some extreme metal because my bro and former drummer wanted to steer me into that direction in Steel Lions and PLB. I gave it a shot, since I'm open to trying new ideas and concepts as an artist. 
But I think he was possibly only doing that because it was the flavor of the moment or so. I was always the straight ahead punk rock/grunge kind of guy musically. I didn't care about the trends of the moment, other than Visual Kei back home. Lol. But I gave him a pass just because I had to open my ears and mind to trying new things in music. Even if it was a trendy thing to do.
If you follow my musical journey well enough on Facebook or whatever...You will hear noticeable Dubstep/Drum N Bass and some modern extreme metal in mid 2010s PLB and Steel Lions records. To mixed results, of course. The song "The Lover That Failed" (I selfishly call it my "Helter Skelter" or anti love song) was based off extreme thrash and death metal. It's probably the most "METAL" song I've ever composed and recorded. Other songs, like "Big $ur" and "Little Seoulja" was based off rave music influences. 
I don't really fuck with modern metal or EDM as much these days. The 2010s might have been the decade for Patrick Lew Band and his other side band hustles. But it was also when I made some artistic experimentation that either went good or bad. 
I just play rock and roll, man. Lol.










No comments:

Post a Comment