Saturday, May 18, 2019

My Personal Views On Success

Success and recognition in music doesn't bother me at all. I welcome it with open arms and bravado indeed. 
Some bands I grew up liking were so caught up on credibility and worrying about "selling out" because more people know who they are in the rock scene. They just glorified being pessimistic as human beings. I always liked those bands and their music, but I didn't wanna be a total Debbie Downer about life and playing music or whatever. Lol. I saw and read about how many faces bands like The Beatles, The Stones, Oasis, Led Zeppelin and Queen rocked all across the globe. 
Self-guilt was the farthest thing from my band(s) and my mindset. Yes, it's true I grew up unhappy, came from a dysfunctional family and had little to look forward to socio-economically. But that's what made me want to be on top of my game and I wanted to be as big as those bands were some way or another! If not, "big enough to be cool. Less is more." For me personally, success and recognition regardless of the level didn't mean "selling-out" or "being less authentic" or even "less rock and roll." It's a reassurance that I'm doing my job and my passion right and I'm good at what I do! Yes, I've been through hell and back. But I live only once, and I live it to the fullest man! 
Not to quote DX from wrestling. If you're not down with PLB, I've got two words for ya. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment