Monday, March 25, 2019

If Patrick Lew Band ever in a million years toured China...

If Patrick Lew Band music was marketed in and brought to mainland China. These are examples in regards to my personal life or the music that will obviously be heavily censored or omitted. 
1) My ethnic background (Japanese, Chinese/Taiwanese) will be watered down and sugarcoated completely. Mainland China hates Japan and Taiwan, or at least, the government does. The feelings are at times shared mutually through Japan and Taiwan. As a matter of fact, the Chinese government will fuck it all up with the public and say yours truly. Patrick Lew was just a pure Han Chinese guy. No mentions of my Japanese and Taiwanese background that I hold so proudly. And me being 100% Han Chinese is far from the truth and downplays an important part of my story and potential legacy! 
2) A lot of the music itself would be heavily censored due to China's strict policy on censorship on even the most pettiest of themes and lyrics in the media. The creativity and artistic expression I've made known with PLB will be completely restricted. A song like Asian Girls would probably be renamed "Girl Talk" and I'm not talking bout that shitty EDM one-man band either. A lot of the song titles (such as "Cum to Me" or "Fuck Boy") and its lyrics will be heavily censored and bleeped out or worse. Just like a clean version of a Limp Bizkit CD. Even the song titles would be renamed without my consent because even the most subtle of anger and teen angst in PLB music would not float their boats. 
3) Madeline Lew. Reason for it? It's LGBT related and it's illegal to showcase homosexuality or anything LGBT in the media in mainland China. Madeline Lew is obviously me in "crossdressing" drag. Any references to her presence in my music will be erased completely. 
4) It would showcase moments where I dealt with toxic people. But based on the circumstances how it happened in my life and China's strict censorship policy, a lot of it will be presented with almost 99% of the back story and coming clean about it completely erased. No explanation on what really happened. And I also had problems with the Mainlanders often in the past, and any mentioning of that part of my story will be completely erased and never acknowledged at all. China wouldn't want that acknowledged even. For better or worse! They don't wanna look like the bad guy. Not saying all of them are bad people, but some of the ones I dealt with in my life were pretty shitty. 
The end result? It's turning something potentially fascinating yet enigmatic at the same time and certainly making the music I've created and the story much worse that even my former haters of mines would agree with me, "It's a very terrible portrayal and presentation of my music and my life story." Even the Disney Channel wouldn't be as tame as a government censored Patrick Lew Band. And at least Disney Channel still entertains! Lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment