Sunday, March 24, 2019

If I were a movie...


I wouldn't mind if the film industry or Hollywood made a biopic or live action movie about my life story as Patrick Lew Band. Lol. It would be definitely one of those rare movies (especially in rock and roll) where the movie has a large casting of Asian actors and POC. 
I want the movie however, to portray me and the band in a good and presentable manner. Like it's definitely not going to be a typical rated R movie talking about PLB, TheVerse or anything else related to me with swearing, sex and all that. Surprisingly, I would want it to be a PG friendly version of the PLB saga on film because it would be more marketable and accessible to the public than a prototypical rated R as usual telling of my story on the silver screen!
There's some things I want to be covered, some things I have to omit or leave out and some things that would seem more interesting but either never existed or was feasible in the Patrick Lew Band story. 
I definitely want the film to focus on PLB obviously. How I started my indie music career and the start-up bands leading up to my controversial peak years between 2008 to 2012. I also want the movie to get into some details about my six-year relationship with my ex Faith. And some of the band drama and bad stuff I had to deal with with the social-media and my role in the music scene will also be mentioned or featured unfortunately. But I also want the movie to talk about my friendships with my mom, Janny, David and of course my role and music career as a member of the band TheVerse. Because TheVerse played a large part of my success in the scene. Maybe briefly and more subtle, my day job at Chocolate Heaven or previous day jobs I've worked at. 
What I also mean by that is...It's not going to discuss every major detail of my life such as my relationship with my father, my toxic relationships with everybody from the past and even some things related to my music career. I don't think I want a PLB biopic to talk about or feature anything in regards to Pleasure Gallows, whom I played bass with for a short time recently. Because it's not necessary and it would distract everything. It might or might not even discuss the time I filled-in as a touring bassist for my friend's band The Tortured twice because my relationship with them is very sacred and brotherly and keep in mind...We have at least 3 hours to tell the Patrick Lew Band story on the silver screen on camera and acting. So we might not be able to include every detail or immortal moment in the film.
There's two major things in this movie that I want that you never saw in the Patrick Lew Band story in real-life: My mom in heaven and Madeline Lew. In the PLB saga, Madeline Lew is just me in drag and an alter ego. But in the movie, she will be portrayed as a guardian angel sent from heaven and love interest of mines, helping and motivating to guide me through life's toughest moments and taking me somewhere further in life and with my art and my music with both Verse and PLB. There might be some scenes where my mom is in heaven too and showing her seal of approval. 
That's pretty much how I want my life to be told on the big screen as a live action movie! And oh yeah. The casting has to be on point and not be some typical Whitewashing commonly found in Hollywood movies. Lol. Of course, an Asian actor has to fill my role and character on screen. Same with David. Madeline can be played by either a Japanese or hapa actress. 
This movie should be interesting and it shouldn't be too overdramatic. I want it to be a comedy drama! 






No comments:

Post a Comment