Wednesday, December 4, 2019

2019 In Review: Patrick Lew Becomes Immortal


This year was actually one of the most exciting years I've ever had so far in my life. Both in good and bad ways. 
I got fired from two bands. Gave them both the middle finger and I farted on their CD, then I started a new band called Lewnatic (JP) and experienced a mid-life renaissance in my indie music career. I also became the first Japanese-American man to become a 40 UNDER 40 recipient at my alma mater CSU East Bay! All because of my stellar 18-year run with Patrick LewBand.
I went to Japan for the first time. Learned a lot about myself and did my mom an honor. And I came back to America and as a human being a changed man. Going to Japan also helped sort out some difficult tensions between me and my dad, which has been lingering since my mom passed away on April 2017. 
I reconnected with my East Asian heritage comfortably for the first time in a long time. Feeling more content to truly represent my true self and where my people came from. 
The bad mainly came from two bad car accidents and stupid people in my circle and randoms who were hella toxic. 
But while the first half of 2019 was an awful period for me. The second half was rebound time. That's when I became the "Comeback Kid" again and made up for the first half of the year!
In some ways. 2019 was actually better than 2018 was for me. In other ways, it was worse than the year before. But this year was a year of changes, self improvement and becoming officially: The Immortal Patrick Lew. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment