Sunday, August 4, 2019

Patrick Lew Band Calls It A Day...For Now!

 The final major release under the Patrick Lew Band name was a cover of The Monkees song I Wanna Be Free.

Released worldwide on April 8, 2019.

The PLB was sporadically active and predominantly a part-time band by the end of 2017 but recorded here and there in the studio. I was already doing three different bands by 2018: TheVerse, Crazy Loser in a Box and Pleasure Gallows.

I decided to pull the plug on PLB before it became endangered of becoming a self-parody of its former self. Or going stale. I decided to retire the Patrick Lew Band at its creative peak, culminating with the Hall of Fame ring I got at CSUEB this year in June.

Please don’t ask me to do another PLB record or even get the old band mates from Patrick Lew Band back to do a one-off. Lol. We’ve made our mark, we done all that we could in just almost 20 years. Now it’s time to sit back, enjoy our hard work being immortalized and the fruits of our labor being realized and play music in a bunch of other new bands/projects instead!

So I decided to discontinue Patrick Lew Band at its highest rather than when it was at its lowest. Right when I’ve reached my zenith and peak. Before it went downhill and gotten stale from there. Lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment