Thursday, February 28, 2019

Patrick Lew's Japanese-Taiwanese Roots Explained

Unpopular Confession/Opinion: I see myself as more Japanese and Taiwanese in mindset and tendencies than mainland Chinese in the Patrick Lew Band.
It's like how The Beatles were from Liverpool, England but all of them associated more with their Irish roots, as a matter of fact, Ringo was the most English member from The Beatles. Paul Mccartney was the most Irish of all the Beatles pretty much! You can even tell by his surname. 
One of my Filipino colleagues once said to me, "Mainland Chinese are the United Kingdom of East Asia." In some ways I suppose, it's a little fairly accurate. 
I've been to China a few times, I personally didn't like it. Preferring Hong Kong and Taiwan over the mainland, which is more distinct from the mainland Chinese. I don't hate anything China has produced culturally over the last God knows 7000 years, there's more of a political and social concern with the contemporary mainlanders. And personal matters I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment