Saturday, July 3, 2021

Patrick Lew Band (PLB) is taking over!

 Listeners from six continents worldwide have heard my music in PLB (Patrick Lew Band) on both Spotify and Apple Music.

Countries who've heard my band PLB range from the United States, Japan, England, Sweden, Ireland, Germany, Mexico and many more.
The only continent that's missing is Antarctica. Lol.
It's rather strange, overwhelming and yet brilliantly fascinating too. I'm just an average working-class Joe of Asian descent who happens to make music in my own bedroom in this 2-Story family house in San Francisco. And put it out there on social-media.
I live a double life. During the day, I slice meat and make sandwiches for Karen's and the cool people at the grocery store Safeway. By night, I'm pulling a Beatles from circa 1967-70 by locking myself at home. Constantly trying to make new tracks and digital content.
I'm not on MTV. I'm not on the covers of Rolling Stone magazine. And I never really perform live shows outside California typically, aside from a few dates in Japan and Hong Kong from 2 years ago!
A lot of those 30-Something countries from those six continents I've never traveled to or even stepped foot in.
Yet, it amazes me that I kind of now have a global presence with the band PLB. All because of me putting myself out there, and word of mouth online. At the same time, it overwhelms me because I never expected myself to reach this point in my music really. Because not too long ago some time back in the 2000s and early 2010s, I wasn't "ready" yet. It was still a local attraction and hobby for the most part.
Now I'm earning passive income sporadically. Because of PLB royalties. People reach out to me for interviews occasionally on YouTube. The music bloggers online even said better things about Patrick Lew Band that wouldn't have ever happened back in the year 2008 really.
But at the same time, I'm very grateful it happened and I earned it. Even at this stage of my music right now! I mean, I'm pushing 40.



No comments:

Post a Comment