Monday, March 28, 2016

Patrick Lew talks about his band Steel Lions!

I'm a freelance rock musician who began making music on my own in 2012 ish after several flops with a local band I used to be in. I'm always trying my best to get better when recording and when it comes to playing the guitar. I always use social media to put my music and every band I played guitar and sang in out there. I've received a few tiny achievements with music. I also am endorsed by Antennas Direct, a TV antenna maker based in St. Louis, MO. A lot of my earlier work was more Garage Punk, very lo-fi and raw kind of stuff. Now these days, I attempt to blend a fusion of 80's hard rock, 90's grunge and punk within my music. I am influenced by Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Bon Jovi, Mother Love Bone, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Blink 182, Def Leppard, The White Stripes, Tesla, Silverchair, Oasis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Sex Pistols, John Lennon and Aerosmith. 

Originally, I did Steel Lions as a creative outlet for my musical ideas that were rejected by former bandmates in my old band. I began making music with both Patrick Lew Band and Heavy Sigma, and my former bandmates and myself had creative and personal differences along with my dysfunctional relationship with my former fiancee at the time, so I quit creating music and playing guitar for about 2 or 3 years. I picked up the guitar again and started using my MacBook Air running GarageBand and began producing demos and new musical ideas again. Then one day in early 2015, my friend Erick Salazar who also plays drums in the San Francisco based punk band Neverfade sent me a private message on my Facebook profile talking about collaborating and working on new music together. 


So in May of that year, me and Erick began creating music under the Steel Lions name in his home recording studio. Erick isn't an official member of the band, but he plays a big role in creating the music and business related things when getting it out there! The album that my friend Erick is producing is still in the works in the studio. Currently, the Steel Lions is a one man band with assistance of a live band if it ever boiled down to live performances. I also released three albums under the Patrick Lew Band name in 2015 and 2016. Steel Lions is a variation of the Patrick Lew Band in a more anthemic and vast kind of way. And the rest is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment