Friday, September 11, 2015

Why me and Faith broke up more than a year and a half ago.

I remember 2014 was one of the years where I gotten out of a bad situation which lasted for quite some time. I was dating my first serious girlfriend Faith for over 6 years by that time. But the drama that me and her had to put up with reached a point where it was severe and there was no going back to the late 2011 and early 2012 period where me and my ex gotten along so well. She was no longer the woman I called my first love. I remember as far as back to when I first got my new phone service with T-Mobile was when the bullshit really all started between me and my ex. It’s kind of funny, because when I reconciled with Faith way back in September 2011, she was being the woman I needed as far as a relationship goes. She wasn’t cold hearted, overly possessive, manipulative and she was far more laid back and open minded that time. But when shit hit the fan with her, she was not the same woman I loved when me and her patched things up all those years ago.
One thing that made me very angry was the fact that I couldn’t accept friend requests or send friend requests to anyone on Facebook without it turning into an argument that got all bad that I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. I never cared about who she added on her Facebook, but the overly possessive and controlling side of her came back. She wouldn’t let me live my life with friends, costed my friendships with many people, messed with my accounts online without my permission (which I feel stupid for ever giving her my login in the first place). Plus she became bizarrely religious to a point where, I felt controlled by something I believed was false. Ever since shit started go downhill between me and her again, she became verbally harsher, more cold hearted and even more belligerent than the last time. And she never apologized for these things that went on as well. The worst thing that came out of it was what kind of girlfriend would tell her boyfriend that he is a tone-deaf musician and not take back those words, you know? She also became a financial burden to a point where she didn’t understand the value of money and she was living off of me.
I am not gonna lie. I’m no Saint when it came to me and her. There’s some things that could have been handled differently but it was just a very severely stressful situation. Like a friend said, there’s two sides to every story. I did see her that year in San Francisco right before we broke up. I remember there were some positive moments that came out of it, but everyone knew this was the end of the line. And I handed in my resignation from that 6 year relationship I had with her. We both agreed to break up mutually despite previous reports that she broke it off with me. After me and her broke up, I had no regrets over the situation because it was a long time coming, and I was able to enjoy my life without the pressures and stress of living with a deeply flawed woman who just couldn’t get it together. Even if I’m wrong too.
In short, this is why we broke up. Or I wanted to leave her for good.
1) She was manipulative.
2) She became very mean spirited and extremely brutally honest.
3) She didn't support my music career. As a matter of fact, she was the main reason why I stopped playing music for awhile
4) She didn't let me have any friends or an audience whatsoever on social-media.
5) She never apologized for any of the wrongdoings she might have made during the last two years of our relationship.
6) She became a very unbearable person to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment