Saturday, October 5, 2013

My journey as a one man band.

I'm a freelance rock musician who began making music in 2009 after several flops with a local band I used to be in. I'm always trying my best to get better when recording and when it comes to playing the guitar.
It was a hot Summer month when I was dabbling and wrestling with finishing college with a BA in Philosophy with a minor in Music. It was over a year since I was playing rhythm guitar in a post-hardcore band in San Francisco which ended on very bad terms. I studied home recording and the art of guitar playing on my own free time at home. I used the Internet and read books on how to do what I could do in my own home recording studio. I had 3 guitars on me, Fender Frontman 25-watt amp, Line6 TonePort DI, and armed with Mixcraft and a shitty laptop. I had a lot of ideas in my head, contemplating making the music. Because that's what I am most passionate about. Writing and recording my original pieces of music. I was listening to lots of Metal, Hard Rock, and House music on my Zune. And despite some of the issues I had with figuring out how to record my music. I still did it no matter what.
Most of my issues when it came to recording were technical difficulties with hardware and software, trying to come up with nice guitar riffs, and producing on my laptop them well enough without sounding so sloppy and lazy. I also got lazy a lot on many other days. Studying for my classes I was taking at CSU East Bay, watching countless hours of cable TV, playing Xbox 360, and getting serious with my on and off again relationship with my girlfriend Faith. I remained persistent however, giving a fuck less about the haters and the people who were saying and doing negative things to my music career and band, and let my own brand of Hard Rock and EDM come out. I was in a band before and after I graduated from college called P and G, busking a bunch of popular cover songs from bands we loved across Brentwood and Antioch in the San Francisco East Bay. My musical ideas were better suited for a solo project than being a sidemen in a band. So with the advantage of having the musical gear I had in my house to make music digitally, that's how I got my ideas on hard disk and mp3. I can be quite anal with how I want my music to be before I upload it onto my webpage. I was never good at mixing tracks, but I tried my best. I wanted to create the right sounds in the studio and make sure that my music has originality and some creativity that separates me from all those shitty metalcore bands in the Bay Area music scene. I finally did it during these last four years as a solo musician.
With 40 tracks completed of my one man band's original music as of April 2013. I continue to make awesome music without caring so much about popularity, fame and fortune, and all the negative people and obstacles from destroying my passion for being a sporadic freelance musician. I go online to get my music out there on websites like this. And even with things that prevent me from recording such as settling down with my girlfriend Faith, my part-time job as a merchandiser for American Greetings, and among other things. I persevere. And I create some awesome rocktronic music.

No comments:

Post a Comment